In 2015, Simon, Nicholas and George incubated the concept of what is now SynigeMedX. The name Synige originates from the three partners first names also…. because it sounded cool and smart!
The executive management model SynigeMedX has chosen, is of a proactive board that speaks as one voice and is a good model because the CEO and the board are on the same page and speak with a single voice. This model is proactive in taking advantage of emerging opportunities and is especially valuable in an entrepreneurial business such as ours.
The skills of our management team have been developed with over 35 years’ experience in the provision of medical clinics, services and support in:
- Ambulance Operations in Urban, Peri-Urban and rural environments (EU and SADC)
- Fixed and Rotary Wing Air Ambulance Operations (US, EU, North Africa and SADC)
- Oil, Gas and Mineral Exploration (offshore/onshore, Arctic, Tropics, Desert, Mountain)
- Events Management: Concerts, Film and TV, Endurance/Extreme Sports and Motor racing
- Close protection medical support (D.R.C, Chad, C.A.R, Iraq, Afghanistan)
- Incident Response Planning and Investigation
- Occupational Health and Safety Management
- Search and Rescue
- Health Risk Assessments
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing
- Mining – Open cast, Alluvial
- Critical Analysis
- Disaster Management
SIMON ANDREW Dip ROM (RCSed), Dip AECT (UJ), PSM(UNISA)
The range of industries Simon has supported is diverse from mineral exploration, oil and gas exploration and production, hospitality, international criminal justice, and disaster recovery. This experience includes six years at sea supporting seismic research, and time as a dedicated flight paramedic providing cover on commercial and private, fixed and rotary wing aircraft.
Prior to tertiary education Simon qualified as an Operational Medical Orderly (Equivalent to Combat Medical Technician (CMT), and provided support to small unit operations in both urban and rural environments.
Simon’s experiences provide a rich insight into the challenges of providing medical support in remote locations.
NICHOLAS HOLT Dip AET(UJ)
Chief Compliance Officer (CCO)