Prevention of illness and injury is more economically sustainable than treatment; this is particularly relevant to food and water borne disease, which includes appropriate waste disposal, and vector control.
- Medical needs Risk Assessment
- Medical facility and service audits
- Surveillance of individual worker’s health to maximize efficiency.
- Surveillance and monitoring of medical threats, so that they can be managed appropriately.
- The minimization of delays to definitive treatment acts as a work force multiplier, by reducing the down time due to illness and injury.
- Medical management also provides a source of education and training for the population being covered.